Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm trying not to be boring (although failing miserably)...

I really enjoyed this weekend.  The weather was wonderful for every bit of it--made it a little hard to come back to work today.  Saturday evening was very enjoyable--I found a great rain coat (on clearance!), ordered take-out, and listened to Dvorak's 8th Symphony.  It was beautiful--just the thing I was in the mood for.  The second movement, particularly caught my attention.  It had such a sweeping, emotional (read: romantic) melody. 

Church on Sunday was really good.  We actually got up in time for Sunday School.  It was the first time we'd been at this church and we definitely want to keep going.  The minister just started a study on Revelations.  The sermon was also wonderful, yet heavy (in a good way).  We will be going through 2 Corinthians for a time.  I'm looking forward to what God will teach me during both of these studies.   

I also finished the sixth Harry Potter book.  I've been working my way through them and this was the first one that I really noticed a much more mature writing style.  I didn't like the fifth book and the fourth still seemed somewhat juvenile (although I really liked it).  So, the seventh has begun, but my paper is getting in the way.  :-)

No comments: