Friday, April 9, 2010

The Beginning

Well, I'm going to try and give this a go...again.  :-)

I've never been very successful in the past, but I plan to approach this a little differently.  First, I tend to be long-winded, so I get discouraged because I don't seem to have enough time.  Second, I'm a realist (although most would say pessimist).  No one wants to read about the horrors of life.  I'm not doing this to get a great following (although I do hope someone stumbles across it), I'm doing it as a bit of an outlet for me.  I tend to hold things in and stew over them.  Third, I love art-be it visual, audio, or edible.  I love to view it, listen to it, and create it.  My husband, who loves food, regularly compares meals to works of art (a big complement when it happens to be a meal I've cooked).  I've talked about creating a food blog, but ultimately decided that wouldn't be interesting enough because most people aren't as fanatic about cooking as I am.  Fourth, I'm a bit of a wine snob, coffee snob, tea snob, spice snob, you-name-it snob.  I like the finer things in life and love to share when I find something wonderful.  Fifth, I have been slacking lately in recognizing my Savior in the both the beauties and pitfalls of life. 

So, here are my goals:
1.  Short, concise posts--for the most part
2.  Try to recognize the beauty of life around me which will help my need to become more positive
3.  Share victories of life, things that become art--whether permanent or temporal
4.  In those victories, recognize the grace and presence of God

No comments: