Saturday, August 21, 2010

Oh Wine, How I Love Thee

It's late, I'm tired, and I've had 1/2 a bottle of wine.  For me, lately, this is a lot and I am certainly feeling the effects.  I've cut way back since October (bad, bad night) so I normally don't even drink half a bottle.  But, tonight's wine (Sebeka Chenin Blanc) was excellent.  Very light.  Slightly citrusy.  Very mild.  Very soft nose.  Enjoyable.  We drank it with grilled chicken (Hubby's first time grilling chicken--roaring success), tourlou tourlou (adapted from Elly Says Opa), and pearled barley (cooked in veggie broth, with a bay leaf thrown in for good measure).  The veggies were like butter.

Dinner was tasty.  I loved it.  Dinner last night was good too...we went to my favorite restaurant in town and had a great steak with a good glass of cabernet.

That is all.

No comments: