Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thank You, Uncle Sam

In honor of Tax Day, I would like to take this opportunity to officially thank Uncle Sam who has graciously provided us with a new (and REALLY nice) dishwasher and my new MacBook Pro (not ordered yet, but will be in a few weeks).  The generousity of the IRS in giving us back some of our money is greatly appreciated.

Okay, in all seriousness--Happy Tax Day!  We've had our tax return back for almost a month, now.  I'm a firm believer in doing my taxes early--less stress and you get your refund back early or have plenty of time to come up with any money you might owe.  I did our taxes late this year--late February.  I just couldn't get my act together.  I also do them by hand--no purchasing software or taking it to someone.  I'll occaisonally ask my best friend accountant a question.  I did end up making a mistake this year--I missed a credit we were eligible for, but the IRS fixed it for me and blessed us.  Oops!  I know how to prevent that this year.  Taxes just really aren't that hard for us.  If we ever own a business, I will get a professional--I promise.

So, I am serious when I say "Thank you, Uncle Sam."

2 comments:

Q, La, and Gooner said...

You go girl! I truly enjoyed getting our tax return. Woot woot! Are you going to post doggie pics?

Stacey said...

Yes, I will post some pictures of the sessy-man (as soon as I can figure out how to get url's off shutterfly...